Monday, September 2, 2024

Not a lot to report for yesterday, money and time felt tight and I went carrying a bag full of origami kusudama models, gauging how much of a burden it would be to commute and how I might approach selling them if at all.

The opening hour means a long line extending down a stairwell, any longer and it will wind back up. While in line on the way to the ticket booth, someone from the Pocky booth approached us for a sample and a ticket promo, causing the group behind me to discuss the merits of taking the promo and scalping the ticket.

Inside I headed straight for the artist tables and had an opportunity to show my wares to one seller whose table is decorated with a few hanging charms. I asked about the paper and they also came from Daiso, albeit in a design not available here as of this writing. I hopped to another table to commission a character and an older lady (someone's mother from what I can remember) noticed me beforehand and asked me about my kusudama. She bought one for my only sale of that day, returning less from the commission I did get.

Later on I met up with a streamer friend, then had some lunch. Looking for a place to eat took a while as every place was full, not unusual for a con Sunday in Megamall. Mother was with me to shop and she had to settle for the supermarket eatery as she could not find any place that wasn't crowded.

I returned to said friend in the middle of a photoshoot, he's the one holding the camera. I sat there for a while as by then my legs were tiring out. I had a bit of a chat with someone, Michael, who was there to learn taking cosplay photos. He's a cook by trade and from wanting to take his own product photos for online selling he's expanding his craft to make photography an extra expertise.

One side of Mall A is under construction, blocking out a decent number of stores including about four galleries at the fourth floor. The only gallery still up was hosting a painter's history of paintings, though that space mostly hosts painting exhibits anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment